Friday, March 26, 2010

Where Everybody Knows Your Name...



I have a confession. I LOVE ice cream. There, I've said it.
Sadly, I have come to realize that this may not be a good thing. Not only for the fat and calories but also because of the easy accessability. The building where I work is connected to a food court and what does every food court have? Yes, that's right, a McDonald's, where hot fudge sundaes with peanuts are offered for $1.08, including tax. I know, I'm pathetic.
You know you have frequented a certain McDonald's one too many times when they don't even ask your name when you order anymore. Granted, they didn't remember my correct name, thank heavens, because when I ordered they put my name down as "Dominic". Do I look like a "Dominic?" The first time this happened to me I was in shock! Notice that I said first? This has happened a few times now. How embarassing that a fast food restaurant practically has your order ready for you when they see you coming down the escalator? Ok, maybe it's not that bad but that's still pretty embarassing.
Oh well, I won't let that get me down. I have to have my sometimes tri-weekly fix... let's face it, these things are delicious!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

haha, I love that story! Oh and THANK YOU once again for getting James and I hooked on those things too. We shared one just today at lunch, in fact...

Woolcott Family said...

Hahahahaa.... Dominic. I love it. That is your new name now, "Reese". Or "Theresa" without the 'H'.

Vanessa said...

That is too funny. Sadly my husband and I have a place like that too. The Gourmandise bakery on 250 S. and 300 E., it's delicious. The girls know us very well, and if it's a long time since we haven't been there, they ask what's wrong :) By the way you have a talent for writing your stories, very funny Dominic, LOL.

Julie said...

Great thing to be addicted to. Ice cream is definitely one thing I never say no to. Now I will have to call you Dominic from now on. ;)