Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A New Hobby

Over the past month my cousin Cindy and I have been taking a cake decorating class. We love it! We just finished with Course 1 and believe it or not... we passed! Hurray! We learned how to make flowers, leaves and a whole lot of other designs.

This is my first attempt at decorating a cake. We were supposed to transfer a pattern onto the cake and decorate from there but I was unsure of what I wanted to do and class time was running out. So I just made the Carlson "C" and called it good.

This is my attempt at cupcakes. I may have gotten a little carried away on the flowers (we had just learned how to make them and they were so easy and fun). The best looking cupcake is the yin yang that Dave created himself at home, while he was helping me frost them.

This was my final cake of Course 1. We learned how to make roses and they are so darn fun! I could have made them all night!


Course 2 starts tomorrow! I can't wait to learn how to make a basket weave cake!

5 comments:

Ryan and Amber said...

WOW! I'm impressed. Way to go!

Woolcott Family said...

Those are some good lookin' cakes! Now, I forget... when were you making me a cake? This afternoon, right...

Cindy said...

I LOVE our new hobby!! And I am jealous of your yellow roses cake, I love it!

Mike and Kim said...

I have always wanted to learn to make cakes. I love to bake and eat what I bake too :) Great job! I am very impressed.

kami said...

Very Impressive Teresa!!! I think you have just earned the permanent role of birthday cake maker in the Carlson family.
I think your cupcakes are adorable!